Congupna Primary School (School No. 2563)
formerly Shepparton North
Also known as Congupna Road, the school, originally situated at Tank Corner about one and a quarter miles from School No. 2164 – Congupna and called Shepparton North until 1905, was established on 1st January, 1884 on a 2 acres site. A new site, with new portable wooden building and quarters, was approximately 7 miles north-east of Shepparton and the school from 1905 seems to have replaced School No. 2164 - Congupna in serving this farming area. Earlier, the school had many difficulties including water supply, ventilation and accommodation. For a time from 1894 the school worked part-time with School No. 2150 – Pine Lodge North. A more central site was secured in 1900 but in December 1901 the old buildings were burnt down. The disused school room from School No. 1944 – Tallygaroopna South, with its old style portable, converted residence, was moved as a replacement for the derelict. In 1904 the school closed but reopened in 1905 with the closing of Pine Lodge North. In more recent years the establishment of a general store in 1925, the arrival of SEC power (1935-36) and the building of Radio Australia 2 miles from the school in 1943, as well development of the dairying industry, have contributed to the stability of local population and hence enrolment at the school.