Karramomus South No 2141
A petition asking for a school at Karramomus South was forwarded by H. Metzke and others in March 1877. District Inspector Summons recommended that a school be established. A site of 5 acres at the North-West corner of Allotment 15 was gazetted on 1st of February 1878. A wooden portable with quarters attached was erected at a cost of ￡116 18s 9d and Karramomus South opened on 18th of April 1879. Margaret Doyal (later Sievers) was the first Head Teacher. For a short time in 1884 Karramomus South was worked part-time with SS2519 Arcadia East. Karramomus South closed at the end of 1892, the building was removed to SS2424 Moora South and the site was revoked on 13th of October 1893.