Katandra North No 2192
This school, earlier known as Dunbulbalane, was sought by G. Sharp, MP, Benalla, in March, 1877, and, despite an adverse report by the District Inspector, a 5-acre site was gazetted on 13th of September 1878 on Block 9, Section A of the Parish of Youanmite, County of Moira. On this site a standard portable with attached quarters was erected and opened for instruction on 1st of October 1879 with Nathaniel McKay as Head Teacher. Enrolment was affected by the opening of SS1921 Youanmite North, and closure of the school was recommended in 1890, but it survived until April 1913 when it had an enrolment of 6, and was closed. Arrangements made to move the school building to Katandra were halted in 1921 by the RSL making formal application to reopen the school. The school reopened on 31st of January 1922 with Mary Redmond as Head Teacher, but finally closed in December 1924.